My week flew by in a wave of fun.
Saturday night Mien had a party in honor of his 23rd year in the world. He invited all his friends to Wax and we danced there. It was great to see him surrounded by all the people he knows. He looked truly happy around his friend and I felt proud of him. He has grown into a man, learning his responsibilities, and accepting whatever comes.
Just last week I sat in the park with him and little ghost to chat about our current lives, it was so free and stupid. Laughing about our dumb actions in life, remembering our naive days and looking ahead to our future. Little Ghost in New York, Mien in the army, me in Japan. I didn't feel sad at the thought of everyone going different ways. I felt proud because we are blooming in our lives. And I know these two lovelies will always be in my life, because they have been for the past 8 years and they will be for many many more.
Sunday was yet another wonderful day hanging out with uni friends. It was the biggest group hang out in a loooong time. Allen, Christie, Cheryl, Jessica, Phillip, and me . So much like our freshmen year, just hanging out for nothing. We ate and ate and drank and drank and become exhausted from exploring Dam Shui, for further details you can check out Jessica or Christie's web for photos and blogs:)
The sky was so blue that day, a starkling blue which made everything stand out, shine and catch the eye. I took my big camera out that day, it had been locked up for a year, and I missed its weight, the sound of its clicking and the anticipation of waiting for the photos to develop.
My uni friends are also spreading out around. Moving about and on with their lives. Summers are the best time. A period of moving and settling, new experiences and past, I love summer for its conflicts, the way you have to say good bye to people but greet new experiences too.
Wednesday night I hung out with Ma Chan and his friend Mindy and Kayo; both wonderful sweet girls. Jesse and Josh; friends that Little Ghost met at Living room, and Christie all came. It was a farewell party for Mindy because she is leaving Taiwan after her year of Chinese lessons. We started out in the park at Shi Da drinking Taiwanese beer and chatting in little groups and then moved on to "The Wall"; spacious, all ours--empty.
Sitting there chatting with anyone and everyone I felt like I was back in Seattle at College Inn on Wednesday nights. The whole point of College Inn night? to drink and relax after studying. I loved it, meeting people, friend's friend, new comers, any one and asking them about their experiences in life.
Thursday night I headed to Poa An Temple, where I've been painting patterns used in temples. I love it, sitting quietly and trying to achieve the right strokes. Last night was the last time for me to paint. I went to do the last touch ups before the painting goes on display at ?????. I was so sleepy when I went, but thanks to Pong's ride, I got home safely.
Pong is the guy who introduced me to the artsy things in Taipei, and I really like him. He's a funny guy who knows small details about certain buildings or art works or events that will go on. He's taken me to see many interesting shows, the best event I went with him was to ???, it was a riverside festival full of gypsies and artist. You can see the photos in my album labeled River Side Festival. I loved it, lot's of arts and crafts made right in front of me and paintings created by everyone.
Today; Friday, excited me is heading down to Ping Dong for a beach weekend with Pei Wei. We are going camping near a hot spring and then head to a beach. I love this life of traveling, enjoying, and appreciating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
graduation photos :http://homepage.mac.com/chifeng
I'll give your photos to you as soon as we meet^^
Post a Comment