While you are sleeping, I think of you, of your smile, of your strength, of your vulnerabilities.
While you are sleeping, I think of how I can only think of you, but never become a part of you.
Yet sometimes when I am strong, I think of how I can make you smile, help you be strong, and catch you when you are vulnerable.
Yet sometimes when I am weak, I think of how your smile, your strength, your vulnerabilities are yours, and I am merely a passerby.
While you are sleeping, I think of how, in life, I can only sleep with you, but never part of your sleep.
While you are sleeping, all I can hope for is that Mother Nature conjures up her magic, and takes me into your dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
>>While you are sleeping, I think of how I can only think of you, but never become a part of you.<<
By thinking of me.. by lying with me.. by influencing me.. from lover to lover.. friend to friend.. brother to sister.. grandmother to grandson.. stranger to stranger.. you are becoming us
...... or you're not :)
to YGA:
I was wondering who are you? One day as I was sitting on the train I suddenly thought, "oh, it must be Your Guardian Angel," is that true? and even if it is, it doesn't make any sense, any ways if you ever feel like revealing your identity, that will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry if that response was over the top, it wasn't directed at you but at your writing. I like your posts, they're thought provoking. My girl had just taken some pics of me sleeping (I wonder what she was thinking) and I've lay beside a sleeping lover before wondering where she is. Was she opening her eyes into another world as soon as she closed her eyes in this one? Maybe into the arms of another lover where she fights off sleep there too. Then again maybe every person you meet to varying degrees becomes part of u, that whole "footprints on the heart" thing, so w/ the right person you're never fully apart.
God ur perceptive... but now that u state it, it rings kinda arrogant. Of course it makes sense tho (I don't think I'm offending your real one by borrowing the moniker sometimes). Uh yah I could tell u who I am but why not just leave it as someone out there likes checking in periodically, reading your stuff, and is hoping you'll reach your full potential.
You don't have to reveal yourself if you don't want to, that's fine. I appreciate your comments and am glad that you enjoy them. I liked that you connected the poem to your own life, that for me is what I hope to acheive through my writings.
Just one last question, I do know you right? And you are not just some random stranger leaving comments right? If you are a random stranger, that would be interesting since I rarely share my blog with people I have not met.
hi sweetie, take care and stay warm. I'll see you next week!
Cool :) Well consider me another of your readers then.
Yah for your part you know me Chian. First time we met was a long time ago but I didn't realize there was more to u then & had dismissed u as an arrogant little brat. Being wrong is perfection sometimes.
Anyway, I don't think it's safe to assume anything we do in life is done in a vacuum. As like tends to also attract like your writing may already be reaching out further than u think.
Post a Comment