For the past week I have been bagging my junk into boxes and shipping them over to my family's new house in San Shia, a city about 30 minutes away from Taipei.
I actually enjoyed moving boxes with my family, of course I complained when the boxes were full of damn heavy books, or when my family didn't pack things into boxes and just left them around in small bags, but I truly enjoyed helping them move and seeing our new house. I enjoyed spending time with my all so muscle sister Lanchun, with who we managed to move two truck loads of boxes, including an ultra heavy sink which was jammed with small boxes inside the shelves. It was very satisfying to know that my sister and I are still strong and have the patience to move.
This is the first time in 11 years that my family is going to live in a house which we brought instead of rent. It feels great! It's wonderful to have full control of the house and to imagine that for the next 10 years my family will be happily living inside there. It's a new experience for me. Even though I won't be living there with them, but it's really nice to know that my precious belongings have a beautiful house to live in.
Today I will be moving in with my friend Little Ghost and her family by Taxi! The move in was too sudden that my family couldn't lend me their car and my friend Bill recommended taxi. It works out cheaper and I don't have to drive~ I am looking forward to this new kind of moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment