So, sometimes we think we are lonely, we look around, there's no one to talk to, no one to laugh with, but really are we lonely because there is no one around, or because our heart is empty?
Loneliness creeps up easisest when one's heart's empty, not loving, not receiving love, not sharing.
But lately as I sit and think about loneliness I have come to realise that I am never really alone. At least not by my own definition.
Sure, I may be physically alone but when I dig into my heart; when I let my imagination and memories run wild, my friends are all there. The memories we created, the dreams we aspire to. If only I can remember that when I think I am alone, because it means so much. Some people stay in the present, satisfied not to think; some people roam in the past, satisfied to think; some people search in the future, yearning for new thoughts.
Me? I travel constantly between all three, being lost and lonely, but isn't that what life is like?
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment