Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mum

I called mum today, because I missed her voice.
I missed her strength, and her optimism towards life.

I was weak and needed her love, and talking to her made me realise I am strong not because I was born this way, but because of her.

She is way stronger than me, letting life flow even when she disagrees with them, letting her children lead their wild lives so they can expereince and learn for themselves.

I told her I was dissatisfied with my scores. Instead of scorning me, she warmed my heart by putting life into perspective, and saying that it's only a small exam, that I can take it again.

She has always placed more emphasis on life, and not the trivias established by society. Sure she wanted us to get the best grades, sure she wanted us to be successful, but she had different definitions for these things.

The best grades were not comparing to other people, but the best grades we were capable of achieving through our own wisdom.

Success is not determined by the title of our job, nor the salary we receive, instead in the happiness we feel towards our life.

She supports my trip to Japan even when it makes me seem like a vagabond wandering through life, but she does not disdain me for searching. She teaches me to see why I am taking this trip, and teaches me to allow time to try.

I am wild, I am strong not because I am powerful, but because I have a mother who respects my decisions and allows me to roam, for this I am thankful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

family is always our biggest support when everybody else seems to turn her/his back on us. but that doesnt mean im not here for ya, along with your other dear friends. we are all here, though not physically, but spiritually. and i believe, oh yes i do, the power of our love will stay withchu and walk you thru whatever difficulties you're going thru.

trust me on this one, dear Ch!c. =)

miss u tons and tons,

Cata

Anonymous said...

sweetie, take your time. the biggest reward comes not from the first success!
All the best to my angel.

gypsychi said...

thank you~ i will build on my life, a step at a time, breath in the mistakes, breath out expereince, and let life flow:)